Thursday, August 11, 2005

I think at times....

I think at times that my sanity has shrunk and blown away, or perhaps I'm just tired.

Son, who hasn't taken his psychoactive meds today wanted Hubby to drop them off to him. He is staying with his brother who lives probably about 55 miles from here. Hubby had a hard day and worked extra long. Son called and Dad told him to take the bus and come get his meds. Son said he didn't want to come home yet, that it would take 3 1/2 hours to get here (maybe. I don't know, but I know this area has an amazingly good transit system.) His dad told him it would take nearly that long to drive down there and back, and then told hm that this is what he should do if he wanted his medicine.

Hubby says it's time to let him take the consequences of his actions.

I'm nervous, because these are his anti-depressant meds, and it may push him into a phase where we go back to the mental health facility.

But again, it may not.

Son is now on the verge of adulthood. Older son is learning what that means (in other words, he's broke, and took awhile getting to work, and things are catching up with him. Cut bait or fish time, or move back home, and he really, really doesn't want to do that. We'll see if that helps him get it together.)

But on the other hand, the last few weeks, younger son has been setting himself up to fail. Is this just another example of that?

1300 calories today. I am plateaued out, but that's not an excuse to break eating patterns, especially since I eat that way to feel better. And I do.

I still haven't taken the time to do my spa day, and I really meant to and need it. Ah life. Maybe after I get back from the library tomorrow. Pedicure, manicure and facial. Hair (conditioning time). I really would feel better if I took the time to do that.

But I did get my Modesty's Closet website up (about modesty and fashion and style - www.modestyscloset.com will get you to an index page that takes you to the website). It needs more development, but its good enough to start.

Tomorrow, I go back to the library I have been volunteering at and get a complete change of pace. While I am cataloging articles about forestry, it will be nice to pretend I have my sanity back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home