Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Wednesday....

Wednesday is my rest day (sort of.) My spa at home day (sort of). My catch up with the laundry day (very important). My pedicure/manicure day. And to start it all off, my clean up the bathroom day! (much nicer to do the other stuff in a clean bathroom).

I need it.

Yesterday, son comes in to tell me that he feels like he has nothing left. He lost his skateboard, his watch, his sunglasses, the hat he got in Seattle with the Matrix Company logo (I am assuming they sell things to skateboarders. Almost all the logo'ed clothes he wears is skateboard related.) He lost his job, and all the friends he wants to hang with hate him, and the ones that want to hang with him he hates.

Sounds like depression time - and after losing his job and being in a not really able to be expressed anger fest at his old girlfriend who dumped him while he was at his aunt's in July, he has reason to feel depressed.

Skateboarding is one of the few things he likes to do that lets him release tension. So I took him to the local Zumiez (a store that sells boards and other related stuff), and got him a new board. Deck, trucks, bearings, wheels. About $125 investment in keeping him from spiraling downward enough to need to go into inpatient psychiatric treatment.

I don't buy him cheap board stuff. It breaks too easy, and he's a pretty good skater, so his board takes a beating, and buying better pays, but boy, I wish I didn't need to do it this week.

He's got the miserables bad. He went to his brother's last night to hang for awhile, but left his meds at home. Somebody's going to have to go the 50 miles to connect him with his medicine. He particularly doesn't need to not be taking it now.

One thing after another. What I need is a long hot shower. I'd take a bath, but the tub's in Son's bathroom, and it would take more work than I want to do to get it spa ready!

3 Comments:

Blogger EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

That was a very beautiful experience regardless of the money spent to buy a new skateboard for your son.

He deserves a better girl too.
So, he should not worry about the ex.

God bless.

8:27 AM  
Blogger WarpedTourMom said...

I hate it when they're depressed. It makes you feel so helpless. My son had a six-month bout of depression after a breakup once.

Now how 'bout you?? I hope YOU get some 'me' time after all this!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Enjoy your spa - talk about earning it! Sounds like you've had a demanding week.
:-)

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home