Friday, August 05, 2005

Sick Day....

Weekly weigh-in postponed. Woke up 2 lbs heavier than the day before, achy, tummy problems, and the beginnings of a UTI. Not a time to worry about the fine points of dieting.

So what do you do when this happens? Me, I write down in my food journal: Sick Day, count my calories, but don't worry about the totals. I try to listen to what my body is telling me. Today, I just feel ragged out. It's not fair to get sick to your stomach when you need to be drinking cranberry juice! I'm hoping to get some extra rest, too. Passed on doing my volunteer work.

All week long I've been yoyoing with fluid retention. Up two pounds one day, down two pounds the next. Not fun, especially as they make my hands feel stiff. I guess I've been building up to something.

But on a nice note, Teen got his first paycheck yesterday. I am not telling him how to spend it. When the court case gets heard for his tickets, he will be expected to pay the fine himself, and I won't dip into some money he has reserved for him for emergencies to pay it. I will let him deal with it - and it's common here for a judge to require kids old enough to work to pay for their fines themselves.

I'm actually proud that he's managed to hold on to his job for three weeks. I didn't know for sure if he could handle it for a week. Doing better than I thought!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cattiva said...

Hey, when you are sick dieting should be the least of your stress. I think you handled it just right!

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home