Friday, July 29, 2005

Weigh In Day

The start of week 16:

weight 207

Measurements: 39 3/4
Waist 39 (If I measure too tight, I can get it down to 38 - been a very long time since I could do that!)
Abdomen: 47
Hips: 44 1/2

Been amazing how fast I have lost weight off my hips: started out at 52 " - 7 1/2 inches less there!

And 8.5 inches off my waist, too. That one's the most important one for my health. I read on the American Diabetes site that if your waist is below 39 inches, you have much less risk for insulin resistance.

The other day, my hubby told me I don't look so oversized any more...I look like a normal heavy woman...It doesn't sound like a complement to outsiders, but to me, it feels good.

2 Comments:

Blogger maria said...

Do you have any secret to lose
weight on the hips?

Love to know them.

You are doing awsome!

Keep us posted.

Marie

7:40 AM  
Blogger Knitting a Conundrum said...

If I had secrets to spot weight loss, I'd use them on my tummy, so I could wear a size 16/18, but it looks like I just lose where my body wants to lose. I've been told it's last on first off, but I don't know about that...someday, I'll have a dress size that fits both my waist (at around a size 18/20, and my hips, at a size 16/18...but not yet!

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home