Thursday, June 23, 2005

I wish...

I wish people actually made clothes that fit my apple waist.

When I get dressed any more, I have a picture of Mary Kate Olsen flash through my mind, who now wears layers and layers of loose clothing so people don't see how thin she is (or so I suspect.)

Of course, I am not trying to hide my size. It's a combination of not being able to afford to go out and buy a new wardrobe every few weeks, of being in between sizes thanks to my apple waist, and it not being time effective to sew anything.

There are worse things I know...and this is much better than having to go out and buy new clothes cause the old ones are too tight!

I find myself going to shopping sites online and saying, can I buy that? Will it look ok as I lose weight? Do I buy it small and wait til I can get in it? When will I be able to get rid of these fat clothes I am wearing now (based on when will I be able to afford enough other clothes to take their places?)

I am not by nature much of a clothes horse...all this shopping feels too self-indulgent.

Ironic, fun, frustrating and happy making all at the same time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home