Monday, June 20, 2005

What a weekend....

Bad, bad weekend.

First, Friday night, teen wonder decides that walking his girlfriend around the block after I tell him it's time to come in isn't breaking grounding, and we get a huge argument when he comes back.

I wouldn't have left him outside to talk to her, but he was working on the woodpile with dad, and dad left him out to talk a few minutes. Which turned into over an hour.

During the night, he runs away. This is something he does after big arguments. Third or fourth time.

We turn him in, he gets picked up about two hours later.

I am skyhigh angry, and pull all of his posters off his walls, and there are a lot. I discover a can of Copenhagen, used up, and a lot of tobacco juice in his trashcan, and a stash of four loritabs.

I go off to the mall while he is still missing because I cannot handle this any more without some time away.

After he is picked up, he is taken to a timeout facility, not exactly a detention center, but a safe place for kids with problems or who have been abused or other things. Parents bring their kids there, and if the counselors think its justified, they keep them for a while. I really really really needed the time out, and we promised him if he did something else, this is where he would go.

Normally, they have a program where you do certain things, you get privileges. He refused.

After a night, we sent him to stay with his brother a few days. I was purposely out of the house while he came home and got some clothes. Friday, his dad is going to spend the day with him (in a way, I think this is wrong, like I thought letting him talk to his girlfriend was wrong, too, but I try not to signal this to teen) and go kayaking. Then he will go to his aunts for three weeks. And then he will face court.

I can't eat. I am having some trouble sleeping. I dropped two pounds over the weekend, after losing four pounds last week. This is not how I want to lose weight.

It was a rough week. He stayed out all night Sunday night and Monday night without permission, missed a psychiatrist appointment twice, missed a TRAM self paced summer school appointment, then got the ticket for tresspass and drugs, when we got woken up at three in the morning I think Thursday night.

Oh how I want to run away.

2 Comments:

Blogger Story Charms said...

Susan, I just want to offer some support to you in what must be a very distressing time. I hope you will get through the next few weeks OK, and that everything will begin to right itself.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Knitting a Conundrum said...

I surely appreciate the wishes. It will get better, and we're going to try to find a program for him that might help with the ptsd or with the grieving he still needs to do.

It's just hard, and I'm tired. Daddy's going to carry the burden a while for me to catch my breath.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home