Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Stressers

Having teens determined to break the rules until they crash and burn is a particularly bad stresser.

I have a stepson, who I have raised for 6 years, who’s almost 17 doing everything he can to crash and burn. Yesterday he stole a small amount of money (6 dollars) out of my purse, and has stayed out all night.

He’s been treated for depression and post traumatic stress disorder, and constantly goes from one girlfriend to another and hangs out with underachievers.

Every time I think he’s gotten it together, he pulls a stunt like this.

I am trying to develop new coping mechanisms besides eating or going into a rage. Lately it’s been focusing on beauty and getting compulsive with my diet, and becoming an armchair fashionista and shopping for earrings...which is probably why my diet has been so successful. I've resolved some of the problems that kept me not moving and eating. In a few minutes, I will start getting myself dressed, go across town to look for books and earrings.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deek Deekster said...

i wish you could sack teenagers like you can a bad employee!

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home