Thursday, June 16, 2005

Oh my aching back....

We've been moving the wood from a maple tree that someone let us have if we'd haul it off. It will go into our fireplace next winter which will be nice, but oh! Even being careful with the lifting I have an achy back. But it was some nice weight lifting.

Weight lifting, done well, is a great way to lose weight. And I have lifted in an organized way in the past, and still can handle a fair weight for a middleaged out-of-shape person. And I know enough about lifting about when it's too much, and how to pick it up.

But even knowing that, one can still get a back ache. Sometimes, all that happens is that one muscle kinks up and puts a strain on the other muscles, and until that muscle relaxes, the pain is there. One type of pain you have to work through.

Later today, I will do some walking to help stretch things out again. But first, a hot shower to let my muscles know I love them.

1 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

yoga is good, too

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home