Monday, August 15, 2005

Late, late posting...

Let's see. Doggie's home, Son is back on his meds, but still running off every afternoon until late, my pretty white cropped pants are too big for me, and I need to get some new ones, I broke both the fingernails on my ring fingers this evening, don't ask me how, and I drank too much coffee this evening, which is probably why I am not asleep.

But for the first time in awhile, my weight was 206 two days in a row...that was really pleasant.

My hubby was telling me tonight how I look like 1/3 of the woman I was this time last year. It's not that much change, but it does feel nice that he would say that. He's been most supportive of me, and has lost some weight, too, cause I fix the same stuff for him that I eat, although there is more for him than I eat. I do give him exactly the same portions to start with though as I put on my plate, and then let him have more if he wants it.

But somehow, even with the good in my life, I feel bluesy...Is it my birthday coming a week from Thursday? I turn 50, and that may be part of it. Retrospection and thinking about the years so far. Now that son is old enough, I really want to go back to work, and that's intimidating after being out of the job market so long. I'm doing volunteer work at a library, and it's made me itchy to be back in the job force. But on the other hand, husband may be doing retirement next year (a situation where job may be (this is not certain, though) phased out about the time he is minimally eligible to retire.)

Mostly, we are standing on the brink of transitions. Empty nest is approaching, and decisions about what to do next are coming up, and with son probably not having enough credits to graduate on schedule, lots of uncertainty and fretting is going on too...I've always been one to be anxious about approaching change, even when I want it. Transitions. It looks to be an interesting year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home