Friday, July 08, 2005

weigh in day

For the week:

212 (loss of 2 lbs)

Only measurement that budged was my waist at 39.5 instead of 39.75

But clothes are fitting better across my abdomen and chest, so no doubt there has been a shifting a bit in places I don't measure. I should have measured my midriff from the beginning. And my neck. But I didn't, so I'm not going to start now. I am pleased as punch to be losing off of my waist - it's still pretty much out of proportion to the rest of me, that every bit that budges there warms my heart.

When I started this diet, I had a waist to hip ratio of about .9

Now it's about .85.

It needs to be .8 or below for good health, but I am headed in the right way.

When I started, I had a BMI of about 44.6, but now its 37.6 . My goal weight would put me at a bmi of 22.1, which is a lot more healthy.

FYI, here is a handy chart that lets you know what category your BMI level is considered:

Healthy Weight: BMI between 18.6 to 24.9
Overweight: BMI between 25 to 29.9
Obesity: BMI between 30 to 34.9
Severe Obesity: BMI between 35 to 39.9
Morbid Obesity: BMI over 40

I was happy when I got out of morbid obesity and into just the severe obesity level. One step at a time.

There's a zillion bmi calculators out there on the internet. Here's one from the CDC.

Progress counts.

And yes, for those of you who asked about it, I am being very careful about my health, getting a pretty balanced diet, and taking vitamin supplements under my doctor's guidance.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

Wow! I checked my BMI and was astounded to see it was morbid. I would have thought it was at the highest, severe. That makes me think, you know? Glad I found your blog.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Chandira said...

Good going!! I'll give you a round of applause, for whatever you lose, even if it only ends up being 10lbs, each lb is HARD..

4:54 PM  
Blogger Knitting a Conundrum said...

You know it! It can be hard indeed, but worth it.

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home