Saturday, July 02, 2005

Happiness...

Happiness is having lost enough weight that I could put on a dress that doesn't look like a sack to get dressed up in for a date with my hubby.

Happiness is the desire to be seen, dressed in my pearls and new dress, knowing that I am so much nicer looking today than three months ago.

Happiness is having lost enough weight to wear the 3 inch heels I wore for the first time today instead of the flats I've been wearing for years because my feet would hurt too much..

Happiness is going to a restaurant dressed as nicely as I could, ordering soup and salad and being content with that.

Happiness is the approving smile in my hubby's eyes as he walked with me, and the feeling of contentment and health I have been having because of the way I live now.

It was a good evening.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations :)

9:34 PM  
Blogger Heidi Bloom said...

Hapiness sounds a lot like torture. I'm mean, it's great, good for you. Have fun in that dress. Are you happy yet?

10:01 PM  
Blogger jane said...

how interesting that although we are complete strangers we can have so much in common. your accomplishments are wonderful!! keep up the good work!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

That's wonderful! What do you do for exercise?

11:42 AM  
Blogger Knitting a Conundrum said...

I walk. A lot. An hour or two most days. Usually flat walking, like in a mall, but occasionally hill walking (I live on the foothill of a mountain. I can walk down to the store, then walk up, about a 2 mile circuit. That I'm not doing as much while it's hot. We're in a heatwave.

And then there's the garden.

And the house, too!

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home