Monday, June 27, 2005

Monday, Monday

Son is safe in Seattle. He was so excited and just knew everything to do when we took him to the airport (like all teens), so when I reminded him about not leaving his bag unattended and all that, he acted properly like I was telling him the obvious (although he thought I was worried about him losing it - he didn't realize that they could confiscate it!). When we got to the check-in where we were going to have to let him go, he eagerly walked up to the line, with only a little look back. Happy boy. He's going to have a rough time when he gets back because of court, but that's life. But now I have him away from the "friends" who he's known forever, but who have been getting him in trouble.


Went to a steak house on Saturday after we left the airport with hubby. It was a good choice for my diet - one of the better type of restaurants for me to go to...can buy a steak, cut out a portion about the normal size I eat, and save the rest for later, eat a salad with vinegar for dressing, and eat a plain baked potato portion (or whatever). Easy to keep the meal in the 500 calorie range. I've been avoiding going out because of the difficulty in deciding what fits my meal plan.

This morning, it's been Monday Morning pampering: beauty treatment for hair and skin (I was using a microdermabrasion product on Monday, but it bothers my skin too much, and I'll have to find something else for that), pedicure and manicure time (nails have been chipping a lot lately - wonder if it's the diet, the medication or what?).

Now it's time to get some things done I wanted to. No kids, no hubby around and underfoot. Time to stop putting it off. I've been trying to turn oldest son's old room into an office (he moved out this year), but it's only half there. I had been sick for most of the last year and a half, or depressed, and so much didn't get done because the guys weren't going to handle it, and I couldn't. Remediation time. Works as exercise, too.

And of course, there is laundry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home