Saturday, July 02, 2005

Shopping and Self Image

Dropped another pound. Always on the weekend for some reason!

Went shopping at Walmart’s yesterday. Discovered that now that I can wear smaller than women’s 22s, that it’s opened a whole world of things for me...but my shape is still frustrating!

Finally out of the Plus Size prison, sort of. I’m wearing everything from 14/16 knit tops to size 20 wovens. At Walmart, once you get out of the 18w sizes, they spread the 16s, some 16Ws and 18s through almost every part of the women’s clothes -at least at my local one.

Tried on two dresses. One a size 20 cotton sundress with a surplice top which fit me nicely. One a size 18 dress with a jacket. It fit me...but my tummy looked yucky in it...I would have to wear an all-in-one body briefer with it. I said later to that one. I’m looking for clothes that will let me wear them as I shrink and also for going to Houston where it will be very, very hot and I need light and cotton!

I also managed to get some camis in XL sizes which are not plus size, and they fit fine, and a cute size 16 pink top to wear with my jeans. And a skirt with a non-elastic waist and zipper which actually fit...My waist has been out of proportion for the rest of me for so long that being able to close something around my waist in the size 18 range is great. I have a size 16 hip and a size 20-22 waist! The only store I have found that size to my real measurements waistwise is a neat online shop called Newport News. Their 18w match my last week’s measurements exactly! Thick waisted.

I’ve been in the 22-26 range so long that being able to look in other sections of the store is just great fun.

I wish my tummy were tighter, though. Sigh. The look I really want I will not be able to do until it is a bit flatter. Of course, we always want what we can’t have.

I've been putting off doing much work out except for walking, because the last two times I've done this, I've either gotten plantar fastitis, or hurt tendons in my arm. But I am fast reaching the point that walking around the stores isn't enough exercise, and now that I can buy stuff, it's getting expensive!

My wedding ring is getting loose. That’s something else that I’ll have to deal with soon, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Topwomen said...

Great job! Don't be discouraged and keep walking! Congratulations!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home