Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Planning to pack

Yesterday, I went shopping one (hopefully) last time for a bit. I am putting together a wardrobe to take with me to Houston to my niece's wedding in a couple of weeks.

Bought a cute denim skirt, a pair of white denim cropped pants, two white blouses, a white cami, and a new pair of walking shoes in white. All the clothes are as small as I can wear decently, so as I shrink, I can still use them for awhile. I want them to last me through most of summer at least! And a new purse of the handbag type, to wear with the dress I hope I can still wear to the wedding.

I want to bring three hats with me. I am trying to figure out how I am going to pack a hatbox...do I bring it as part of my carry-on stuff? (if I do that, I have to take out the hat pins - sign of a serious hat wearer is hatpins!) Do I put it in my oversided duffle bag and check it in? Quandries. I was hoping to bring a garment bag rather than the big duffle...I'm only going for a long weekend (fly in on Thursday, fly out on Monday), but I haven't seen these people in six years, and I want to look as spiffy as possible! So, knowing me, I will probably overpack.

Two hats may lose out. I may just end up wearing a sun hat on the trip. We'll see.

But I am very excited. This may be the last time I get to see my grandmother alive. She's in her eighties, has lupus, and lives over 2000 miles away. Haven't seen my niece since she was just starting high school, and I was always very close to her when she was little. I was at the hospital when she was born and later helped give her her first bath. And now she's getting married.

Tempus fugit.

3 Comments:

Blogger Corry said...

Time flies. We only notice it when we look at the kids grown up so fast. I hope you have a great time and your niece too. Life is but an wink in light of eternity:-)

God's Grace.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Bybee said...

You're doing so great! I admire your progress!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Knitting a Conundrum said...

A hatbox is one of those large rounded band boxes you put hats in!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home