Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Wednesday Doldrums

It's hot.

Today I had blood work done to check on my thyroid levels. I have and probably have had for a long time, a slightly sluggish thyroid. Tends to run in my family. Anyway, I have a big lovely bruise from the needle. And it didn't even hurt when she stuck me, but I have a lovely infiltration.

My last full day without Teenager's emo music. I am going to miss the truly placid quiet, I think. No noise in the house but what I and my dogs make. Sigh. I just dislike emo, and when he's not playing that, he's playing AC/DC.

Back to the diet. One of my diet tricks for when I get the munchies is to eat a protein snack, preferrably something like non-fat plain yogurt or non-fat cottage cheese. This, for some reason, usually puts the hurt on the carb cravings, and I can get on with my life.

But now that we are in a heat spell, I am coming across an old problem. When I get hot and a little dehydrated, sometimes my body interpretes that as being hungry, not thirsty. I've had to resort to the yogurt two days in a row now.

New problem to solve! But I have managed to stay within my diet's parameters, so I'm not really unhappy. Just have to remember to drink, drink, drink!

1 Comments:

Blogger Knitting a Conundrum said...

Blood test. It's not really a vitamin...it's a hormone and it's given to make up the difference between what you produce yourself and what your body needs. It does help your energy levels if you are off. A really low thyroid and you get other effects, like hair loss...

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home