Sunday, July 10, 2005

Summer draggies...

Oh it's hot here!

What I need to do is go make a big pitcher of green tea, unsweetened, and sip on that all afternoon.

Today, I'm retaining fluid (which I do every so many days - probably related to diet, and all those pickles I ate yesterday, but it makes my hands and ankles ache), my favorite bra is getting too large in the cup (which means I can kiss being a skinny D cup goodbye!), I have the afternoon draggies, and don't remember where I put the costume jewelery I am planning on wearing on my trip to Texas.

But with even all these things, it's a beautiful day in here in the intermountain west, I feel so mellow that I'm taking it all in stride and will fret about it tomorrow.

Today is a day to remember to be thankful for what I do have, and to remember those who are facing Hurricane Dennis, dealing with the tragedy in London, and all those other tragedies which face so many people every day, most which we'll never hear about.

On another note, since I've been losing weight, and having to buy clothes, I've discovered a lot of neat internet stores that carry plus and regular sizes (nice to know what sizes a store actually carries before you go shopping.)
One good place to start looking is Online Clothing Stores' index of women's clothing stores. I found a lot of stores stores that I wouldn't have thought about carry plus sizes, and there are a lot of plus size women's stores out there. Just looking is a good way of reconnecting to what is possible to wear, after only wearing what was available in the plus sizes at Walmart!

3 Comments:

Blogger C'lam said...

oh, shrinking boobs are the best thing about weight loss!

11:42 AM  
Blogger C. Hedges said...

Good luck with the weight loss. I hear green tea helps.

Deliberate Chaos

11:56 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Good for you on the shrinking boobs! I think that it is Oprah that swears by green tea, but I am not sure. Either way, I think that it is supposed to be really good for you as an antioxidant anyway. I am rooting for you.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home