Thursday, September 29, 2005

Well, hubby is is Mississippi....

Hubby is off near Hattisburg working at Hurricane Katrina relief. I'm not exactly sure what they are doing, but he will be calling later on this evening, and I will get sort of an insider's point of view.

Been learning all sorts of things about Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome, which I have particularly in my left knee. I think it was kicked up by sitting in a bad position while watching Hurricane Katrina develop.

I have had plantar fastitis and hamstring tightness in the past; I am wondering if this problem has exacerbated this.

So I am studying, stretching, and going to start carefully icing. NSAIDs really hurt my stomach. I have noticed some difference with the exercises on my knee...so maybe I am making progress. Also take glucosamine and chondroiton, and learning to sit at the desk with my foot resting on a step.

I also wonder how much, if any, my weightloss, and the change of gait might have played a role in this.

Good news is I went shopping for pants today. Found out I can wear 16 w stretch jeans, 18 regular stretch jeans, and 18 w woven non-stretch pants.

No wonder my 18W Gloria Vanderbilts are falling off of me. Wow. From a size 26w to a 16w. It's been maybe 30 years since I wore 16w....feels nice.

Now I'm getting to the point where it's getting hard to find pants. Too small for the plus sizes sometimes, but misses sizes can be hard to find too...but this problem won't last forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home