Friday, December 30, 2005

Odds and ends

Yay! Today I lost all the weight I put on over the three days of Christmas celebration I gave myself. Some of it must have been fluid retention from more salt than usual...to go up that fast and come down that fast.

Been trying to collect some of my poetry.

Managed to mostly recapture a poem I wrote back in the 80s that I always liked. (Not reflective of my current state of mind, or my marriage, or my life now...but was probably pretty true then!)

We all build walls, it seems, she said.

The rose,
the rose he handed her
falls apart,
scattering its petals
like leaves in an autumn breeze
until nothing is left
but a dry leaf
and a thorny stem
and a memory
of something beautiful gone forever.

We all build walls, it seems, she said.

1983/2005

Of course it's not exactly how I wrote it, and I am sure I added some touches from my now style, but I like it as a piece of art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home